AUM Human Resources
The American University of Malta is an equal-opportunity institution that does not discriminate based on race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation or disability in its admissions, student aid, employment practices, education programs or other related activities.
We invite you to explore our website and learn how HR partners with the university to achieve its strategic goals. The university’s vision guides HR operations to recruit, retain and engage a team of well-qualified employees.
We’re looking for qualified individuals with the passion and talent to help AUM fulfill its mission. We’re growing fast and new faculty, staff, administrative and professional positions are opening up every day.
The Marketing and Recruitment Support Officer contributes towards the smooth and efficient operation of the Marketing and Admissions department of the American University of Malta (AUM) by assisting management with the daily administrative tasks of the department. The job holder provides an excellent customer service to prospects and applicants with the goal of increasing enrolment across all programs at AUM.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting management in the day-to-day activities of the department.
- Updating the universities’ CRM (customer relationship management) and other systems on a daily basis.
- Compile MI and prepare reports.
- Communicating and interacting with stakeholders including internal and external such as recruitment agents, international representatives, advertising agencies promotional event organisers.
- Preparation of Marketing and Recruitment material for campaigns, fairs and promotional events.
- Collecting and collating information from international agencies and recruitment representatives.
- Working closely with colleagues from admissions to ensure smooth and efficient recruitment and admission of prospects and students.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Preferably educated to degree level, ideally with some administrative work experience.
- Highly developed communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills with an eye for detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Strong team player and with a high sense of initiative.
- Flexible and with a can-do attitude.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Applicants are invited to apply for the position of assistant director of marketing at the American University of Malta (AUM), commencing April 1, 2019.
The American University of Malta is a new, well-funded university on the beautiful island of Malta in the Southern Mediterranean. AUM is growing quickly, and is serious about hiring professionals with strong background and solid experience in the marketing field. Salaries are internationally competitive.
- The creation, design, and maintenance of the necessary marketing material to promote the American University of Malta, enhance its reputation, and support student recruitment and admissions;
- Develop, manage, and execute the ongoing management and updating of the AUM website and web presence making sure it is constantly updated and the maintenance strategy is well defined and processed.
- Building and owning the process of a multi-tiered content marketing strategy (based on vertical campaigns).
- Heavy involvement in all Digital strategies and be the owner of AUMs product marketing tool (HubSpot or similar)
- Owning the management of a strategic events-based marketing campaign (Virtual and in person) that focuses on thought leadership, creating awareness of implications innovations within degree fields, and scheduling expert webinars with faculty and industry leaders in order to promote awareness of innovation.
- Grow AUMs Brand internationally
- Devise and maintain a marketing strategy and develop a marketing playbook for the American University of Malta;
- Manage and track budgets for Marketing expenditures and new budget requests
- Speak with various media outlets and coordinate press releases and events
- Create a unified and streamlined identity and brand that the recruitment and admission team can use when speaking with new students.
- Own the design and creation of marketing assets that can be used by various teams. Project managing all above plans and creating weekly updates to align different university, student, and public knowledge of events.
- Coordinate with Faculty and students about various activities and events that are taking place on campus.
- Creation of a community management strategy
- Aggressively monitor and maximize content SEO rankings, adjusting the content strategy as keyword research dictates, and conduct frequent audits
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions with leadership teams
- Develop a metrics-based approach to growing all marketing activity into a predictable and sustainable model.
- Collaborate across campus to work with faculty and students on shared projects and integrate content activities within traditional marketing campaigns, communicating the value of content and its numerous use cases
- Manage vendor relationships as they pertain to co-branded/co-created content and content strategy execution (webinars, white-papers, eBooks, etc.)
- Manage growing content strategy team - including a Content Manager and a Marketing Communications Manager (Social Media & PR)
- Be an AUM evangelist