- English for Academic Purposes
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- STUDENT LIFE
- MyAUM LOGIN
The American University of Malta invites applications for full-time faculty position in Graphic Design and Animation, open rank, beginning January 2021
Candidates must have completed a terminal degree, typically a Ph.D. or an MFA or equivalent, in Graphic Design or a related field, and have demonstrated potential for high quality creative work and teaching. Teaching assignments encompass a range of courses. The areas of research specialization are open, but the positions require the ability to teach fundamental and specialized courses in the Graphic Design and Animation degree program.
The ideal candidate will have teaching experience in an American, or American-style academic environment. Along with teaching, research/creative work, and contributions to the department, candidates will be expected to provide an ongoing commitment to high academic standards in support of the Graphic Design and Animation program and other related programs that may be developed. Candidates must also provide evidence of an ability to work in a collaborative environment and to make substantive contributions through service to the program, the faculty, the University, and the broader community.
The American University of Malta opened in 2017 with three majors, and the BA in Graphic Design and Animation was added in fall 2018. Since the program is new, the successful candidates will pioneer the major and help to drive its development in many respects in addition to teaching. Our faculty members maintain an active research/creative profile, share advising and committee responsibilities, and contribute to the ongoing assessment and growth of the program and the university.
In Spring 2021 course offerings will include 3D character animation, production, typography, storyboarding, motion graphics, web design, etc. according to the faculty member’s specialization. The university is interested in candidates who specialize in a sub-set of these areas, and whose areas of specialization are complementary.
Candidates are asked to submit: 1) a letter of application that outlines your teaching and research/creative activity, 2) a curriculum vitae, 3) Examples of creative work, 4) the names and full contact information of at least three references.
Applications should be submitted electronically by email email@example.com
Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the positions are filled.
The American University of Malta (AUM) invites applications for a full-time administrative position as the Recruitment Officer.
AUM is an American-style comprehensive university located on the island of Malta in the Mediterranean Sea. The American University of Malta opened in 2017 and currently offers 10 undergraduate and 2 graduate programs with several more being developed at the Baccalaureate, Masters and Doctoral levels.
Reporting to Director of Finance and Administration ing and serving as a member of the student enrolment team and provide excellent customer service to prospects and applicants for the enrolment across all programs at the American University of Malta.
Tasks & Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Bachelor’s degree or higher
· At least 1 year’s experience in admission or student recruitment in the field of higher education.
· Experience in international education environment
· Excellent computer skills required including database software.
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required.
· Work independently and as a team player.
· High level of customer service skills relative to students, parents, staff and faculty.
· With excellent attention to detail, the successful candidate should have strong IT skills including experience of preparing and sending mail merges, using spreadsheets and databases, and creating statistical reports.
Candidates are asked to submit CV with cover letter by email HR@aum.edu.mt with the Subject “Recruitment Officer”.
· To lead and manage designated staff and activities specifically relating to academic standards and quality and to provide guidance and direction to senior managers across the University and to the academic community, to ensure that the University’s reputation is protected and that the University is compliant with quality assurance and regulatory frameworks.
· The activities of the Quality Assurance Officer influence the way in which the University is perceived locally, nationally,
· and internationally in terms of reputation, academic standards and the quality of the student experience.
· Fulfilment of the role requires contact with senior staff across the University including, influencing, negotiation and brokering, provision of advice and guidance and, when necessary, giving direction. It also involves direct line management of the Academic Standards and Quality team, including the prioritisation of work, objective setting, performance monitoring and staff development.
· To work with senior University managers to ensure that there are appropriate academic structures and policies in place that enable the University to implement its academic strategy, its obligations to its students and which ensure that the University’s good name and reputation is protected and is compliant with external academic quality assurance, regulatory and legal frameworks.
· To lead and manage the Academic Standards and Quality team within the Secretariat, to ensure that core elements of quality assurance are delivered effectively and that the team is suitably equipped and experienced to give professional advice.
· To promote a culture of proactivity, innovation, transparency, collaboration, flexibility in the areas of quality and standards management and to encourage the effective deployment of resources which are distributed across different parts of the University.
· To play a leading role in shaping the quality management framework and the academic regulatory framework in order to promote academic standards of University awards and the quality of the student experience across all the University’s provision, whether at Malta, regionally, or internationally.
· To ensure that policies and procedures are effective and promote quality assurance, excellence, enhancement.
· Provide guidance on policies, regulations and procedures to staff and students where appropriate.
· To ensure that there are effective and integrated quality management processes and procedures in place across the University and that these are followed by departments and Faculties in AUM and in collaborative teaching partnerships.
· To ensure that the university’s cross-cutting themes of partnership, equality and diversity and sustainability inform all activity related to the role.
· To ensure communications systems and practices support effective management arrangements and promote good relations with staff and students
· To play a lead role in the initiation, development and implementation of major institutional projects and reviews.
· To notify a more senior member of staff of any errors or concerns at the earliest opportunity
· To play a lead role for the University in maintaining and developing relationships with the Qquality Assurance Audit and other related or successor bodies.
· To monitor changes to the national regulatory framework for QA, and more general developments in the Higher Education sector, advise senior staff and propose action to be taken by the University in response.
· To provide advice and guidance to senior managers in order to protect quality and standards and the University’s good name and reputation.
· To work within a framework of effective governance, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations, legislation/policies and procedures.
· To notify a more senior member of staff of any errors or concerns at the earliest opportunity.
· To ensure timely and effective completion of the annual monitoring process by:
o Encouraging the preparation of draft annual monitoring reports at the conclusion of teaching to permit early identification of key issues
o Promoting a reflective approach to the completion and scrutiny of Annual Monitoring Reports
o Providing students with a course satisfaction survey
o Ensure faculties peer evaluation
o Ensure that staff and students are advised of the outcomes of internal and external reviews and that there are opportunities to discuss them at relevant committees meetings the outcomes of audit/accreditations are reported to the Faculty and that the formal report and an action plan is created and implemented.
· Produce clear, concise, accurate information to support Senior Leaders in raising standards of performance in University including under achieving students.
· Produce KPI information
· Provide data when requested to the senior leadership team and outside agencies
- Minimum level 7, desirable level 8
- Degree in Business Administration
- Minimum 10 years experience in QA, university industry
- Experience of working in a data management capacity within education
- Experience of managing and developing data systems
- Experience of producing accurate data for reporting and assessment
- Experience of forming and maintaining network relationships
- Information gathering and analysis
- Creating and maintaining data capture and data entry templates.
- Management administration
- Understanding and knowledge of effective data management strategies
- Knowledge of statutory data reporting requirements
- Understanding of and commitment to equal opportunity issues within the workplace.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to keep up to date on relevant policies and procedures in line with the duties identified in the job description
- High level computer skills
- Analytical skills
- Quality Assurance and Enhancement Officer Data Administrator
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation and good communication skills
- Ability to work to professional standards, to develop effective working relationships and make judgements and to influence others through persuasion / discussion
- Good team player and good sense of humour
- Ability to be self-motivated, flexible and well organised to manage, at times, unpredictable and variable workloads.