How to Apply for Undergraduate Admissions
At the American University of Malta the possibilities are endless!
From application to graduation, you’ll be inspired to do incredible things. Learn more about taking the next step to become an AUM student. Apply to be a student at AUM in 4 easy steps.
STEP 1 - Fill out the online application and submit all required documents.
STEP 2 - Admissions review.
STEP 3 - Pay your admissions deposit.
STEP 4 - Apply for your visa.
You can apply up to one year prior to the term for which you plan to enroll.
You will need to submit the last three years of your secondary school records. If your school records are in a language other than English, you will also need to include a certified translation. Common secondary education certificates that AUM accepts are:
- American style high school diploma or certificate
- AP program
- British System combination of:
- GCSE/IGSCE "O" Levels: five subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D, and
- A/S or A Levels: three subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D
- Maltese System combination of:
- Matriculation Certificate, and
- Secondary Education Certificate (SEC) examinations in English language, Maltese and Mathematics, and
*Note: if a pass in Maltese, and/or English, and/or Mathematics is obtained within the Matriculation Certificate, either at Advanced or at Intermediate Level, a pass in such subjects in the SEC examination is not required.
- A/S or A Levels: three subjects exams with grades of A, B, C or D
- IB certificate
- Other school leaving certificate. If you do not see your school system listed here, send us your school records and diploma or school leaving certificate. We will be happy to access the grade equivalence for you.
AUM classes are taught in English and, as such, AUM requires demonstrated proficiency in the language.
- IELTS - Minimum of 6.5 for Engineering degrees and 6.0 for Business and Art degrees.
- TOEFL - You are able to have your scores sent directly to us by using our school code B757.
AUM accepts the following minimum TOEFL scores: PBT 550 or above iBT 79-80 or above CBT 213 or above.
- ACT - AUM accepts a minimum reading score of 18 and English score of 20.
- SAT - You are able to have your results sent directly to us by using our school code 7057.
AUM accepts a minimum reading and writing score of 550.
The English language proficiency requirement can be waived if you meet one or more of the following:
- You are a native speaker of English and you have completed your secondary education in an English medium institution in a country where English is the official language.
- You are a student admitted to an institution in which English is the language of instruction and have graduated.
AUM reserves the right to request English test results from any applicant.
Please note: For students who do not meet the English proficiency requirement, conditional acceptance can be offered to our English for Academic Purposes Program Program designed to improve student's English academic proficiency before entering their degree.
You must submit a photocopy of your passport along with your application and supporting materials.
Please note: If you are a Maltese citizen, ayou are able to submit a copy of your National ID.
AUM charges a €50 non-refundable application fee.
Please note: AUM is currently waiving the application fee for academic year 2019-2020.