How to Apply for Undergraduate Admissions
At the American University of Malta the possibilities are endless!
From application to graduation, you’ll be inspired to do incredible things. Learn more about taking the next step to become an AUM student. Apply to be a student at AUM in 4 easy steps.
STEP 1 - Fill out the online application and submit all required documents.
STEP 2 - Admissions review and interview.
STEP 3 - Pay your admissions deposit.
STEP 4 - Apply for your visa.
You can apply up to one year prior to the term for which you plan to enroll.
You will need to submit the last three years of your secondary school records. If your school records are in a language other than English, you will also need to include a certified translation. Common secondary education certificates that AUM accepts are:
- American style high school diploma or certificate
- AP program
- British System combination of:
- GCSE/IGSCE "O" Levels: five subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D, and
- A/S or A Levels: three subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D
- Maltese System combination of:
- Matriculation Certificate, and
- Secondary Education Certificate (SEC) examinations in English language, Maltese and Mathematics, and
*Note: if a pass in Maltese, and/or English, and/or Mathematics is obtained within the Matriculation Certificate, either at Advanced or at Intermediate Level, a pass in such subjects in the SEC examination is not required.
- A/S or A Levels: three subjects exams with grades of A, B, C or D
- IB certificate
- Other school leaving certificate. If you do not see your school system listed here, send us your school records and diploma or school leaving certificate. We will be happy to access the grade equivalence for you.
AUM classes are taught in English and, as such, AUM requires demonstrated proficiency in the language.
- IELTS - Minimum of 6.5 for Engineering degrees and 6.0 for Business and Art degrees.
- TOEFL - You are able to have your scores sent directly to us by using our school code B757.
AUM accepts the following minimum TOEFL scores: PBT 550 or above iBT 79-80 or above CBT 213 or above.
- ACT - AUM accepts a minimum reading score of 18 and English score of 20.
- SAT - You are able to have your results sent directly to us by using our school code 7057.
AUM accepts a minimum reading and writing score of 550.
The English language proficiency requirement can be waived if you meet one or more of the following:
- You are a native speaker of English and you have completed your secondary education in an English medium institution in a country where English is the official language.
- You are a student admitted to an institution in which English is the language of instruction and have graduated.
AUM reserves the right to request English test results from any applicant.
Please note: For students who do not meet the English proficiency requirement, conditional acceptance can be offered to our English for Academic Purposes Program Program designed to improve student's English academic proficiency before entering their degree.
Proof of financial means of cost of tuition for one year plus €8,000. Students can submit one of the following supporting documents as proof:
- Personal funds – A recent bank letter or bank statements (PDF copy of the last three months).
- Funds from family or sponsor – Bank statements (PDF copy of the last three months) along with an affidavit of support.
- Applicants may also submit a bank letter on official letterhead with the name of the applicant, name of the sponsor, relationship to the applicant and the amount (in EUR) available for the applicant’s studies.
- Government or other sponsoring agency – a signed copy of the scholarship or award letter stating the amount and duration of award.
You must submit a photocopy of your passport along with your application and supporting materials.
Please note: If you are a Maltese citizen, ayou are able to submit a copy of your National ID.
In order to get to know you and your personal and academic goals better, we will arrange an admissions interview after our admissions team has reviewed your application.
AUM charges a €50 non-refundable application fee.
Please note: AUM is currently waiving the application fee for academic year 2019-2020.
The American University of Malta is offering five merit-based scholarships per major to undergraduate applicants who have outstanding academic achievement. Applicants must complete their admissions application to be considered.
Maltese and EU Scholarship
The American University of Malta is offering full ride scholarships to undergraduate applicants who are Maltese or EU citizens residing in Malta for the last 5 years. Applicants must complete their admissions application to be considered.
Assistant Director of Admissions
Email: Andres.Galizia@aum.edu.mt Phone: +356 2169 6970 Ext. 118 Office:211
Assistant Director of Admissions
Email: Rasa.Zilinskaite@aum.edu.mt Phone: +356 2169 6970 Ext. 116 Office:211