How to Apply for Graduate Admissions
At the American University of Malta the possibilities are endless!
From application to graduation, you’ll be inspired to do incredible things. Learn more about taking the next step to become an AUM student. Apply to be a student at AUM in 4 easy steps.
STEP 1 - Fill out the online application and submit all required documents.
STEP 2 - Admissions review and interview.
STEP 3 - Pay your admissions deposit.
STEP 4 - Apply for your visa.
You can apply up to one year prior to the term for which you plan to enroll.
Official records of your undergraduate degree and all other university studies should be uploaded to your online application. If these records are in a language other than English, they will need to be accompanied by an English translation.
Your undergraduate degree needs to be a:
- US Bachelor's degree
- European three-year initial degree or a recognized equivalent of MQF Level 6
AUM classes are taught in English and, as such, AUM requires demonstrated proficiency in the language.
- IELTS - Minimum of 6.5 for all graduate programs.
- TOEFL - You are able to have your scores sent directly to us by using our school code 7057.
AUM accepts the following minimum scores above PBT 600, CBT 250, or iBT 100
The English language proficiency requirement can be waived if you meet one or more of the following:
- You are an applicant with an undergraduate qualification from an English-medium institution who can provide evidence of having acquired a minimum TOEFL PBT score of 600, or its equivalent in another approved standardized test, at the time of admission to your first degree program.
- You are a native speaker of English and you completed your education in an English-medium institution in a country where English is the official language.
AUM reserves the right to request English test results from any applicant.
Please note: For students who do not meet the English proficiency requirement, conditional acceptance can be offered to our English for Academic Purposes Program Program designed to improve student's English academic proficiency before entering their degree.
Proof of financial means of cost of tuition for one year plus €8,000. Students can submit one of the following supporting documents as proof:
- Personal funds – A recent bank letter or bank statements (PDF copy of the last three months).
- Funds from family or sponsor – Bank statements (PDF copy of the last three months) along with an affidavit of support.
- Applicants may also submit a bank letter on official letterhead with the name of the applicant, name of the sponsor, relationship to the applicant and the amount (in EUR) available for the applicant’s studies.
- Government or other sponsoring agency – a signed copy of the scholarship or award letter stating the amount and duration of award.
You must submit a photocopy of your passport along with your application and supporting materials.
Please note: If you are a Maltese citizen, ayou are able to submit a copy of your National ID.
Your professional experience and leadership examples are two areas we pay particular attention to when considering your acceptance into our MBA program. Please upload an up-to-date, thorough CV that details your career achievements, leadership abilities and community outreach.
In order to get to know you and your personal and academic goals better, we will arrange an admissions interview after our admissions team has reviewed your application.
AUM charges a €50 non-refundable application fee.
Please note: AUM is currently waiving the application fee for academic year 2019-2020.
The American University of Malta is offering five merit-based scholarships per major to undergraduate applicants who have outstanding academic achievement. Applicants must complete their admissions application to be considered.
Assistant Director of Admissions
Email: Andres.Galizia@aum.edu.mt Phone: +356 2169 6970 Ext. 118 Office: 211
Assistant Director of Admissions
Email: Rasa.Zilinskaite@aum.edu.mt Phone: +356 2169 6970 Ext. 116 Office: 211
Maltese and EU Scholarship
The American University of Malta is offering full ride scholarships to undergraduate applicants who are Maltese or EU citizens residing in Malta for the last 5 years. Applicants must complete their admissions application to be considered.