Home > Admissions > Graduate Admissions
Thinking about earning a graduate degree?
Currently, at AUM, we are opening admissions for our Master in Business Administration (MBA) graduate program for the 2017-2018 academic year, beginning in Fall 2017.
Whatever direction you are interested in steering your career—with a private, public, or non-profit organization—an MBA increases your career prospects and earnings potential exponentially. Let’s get the process started and get you where you want to go in your career.
MBA Graduate Degree Admissions Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in any discipline
- Two years applicable experience
- English proficiency
Admissions standards follow the NCFHE guidelines for accreditation of Malta Qualifications Framework (MQF) Level 7 courses
MBA Application Checklist:
Once we receive your completed application and supporting documents and materials, we will review your information and get back to you with a decision. Decisions will come via email.
Download the AUM MBA application here.
by post with your supporting documents and items to:
American University of Malta
Triq Dom Mintoff
Bormla, BML 1013
Important application dates:
30 May, 2017:
- Application fee of €50 waived for all applications received on or before this date
- 10% tuition discount for all accepted applicants that applied on or before this date
- To be considered for an AUM Scholarship award, you must apply by this date
15 July, 2017:
- Applications received after this date will be considered on a space-available basis.
Official records of your undergraduate degree and all other university studies need to be submitted directly from the institution to AUM at the above address. If these records are in a language other than English, they will need to be accompanied with an English translation.
Undergraduate degree needs to be:
- US Bachelor degree
- European three year initial degree
- Or recognized equivalent to MQF Level 6
The language of instruction for the MBA program is English and the following are minimum English language requirements for admissions into the program:
Have your TOEFL score sent directly to us by using our school code of 7057
The ELP can be waived if you meet one or more of the following:
- You are an applicant with an undergraduate qualification from an English-medium institution who can provide evidence of acquiring a minimum TOEFL PBT score of 600, or its equivalent in another approved standardized test, at the time of admissions to your first degree program.
- You are a native speaker of English and you completed your education in an English medium institution in a country where English is the official language.
AUM reserves the right to request English test results from any applicant
Your professional experience and leadership examples are two areas we pay particular attention to when considering your acceptance into our MBA program. Send us an up to date, thorough CV that details your career achievements, leadership abilities and community outreach examples.
Include a photocopy of your passport along with your MBA application and support materials. If you are a Maltese citizen, a copy of your National ID will suffice.
We want to know about your goals and achievements and will weigh the content of these statements when we are considering your application to this program. Include these three short statements with your completed application and admissions packet.
- Personal and academic objectives (maximum 150 words)
- Career objectives (maximum 150 words)
- Professional achievements (maximum 150 words)
In the appropriate section on our MBA application, please provide us with the contact information for two references on your application; either two professional (direct supervisor or manager past or present) references or one professional and one academic. Once your references have accepted your invitation to provide us with a letter of referral on your behalf, send them the appropriate form (the last four pages of your MBA application) to fill out and return to us. Please note that we will not consider letters of reference that are not sent to us directly from your reference.
These tests are not currently required by AUM for acceptance into the MBA program, but if you have completed one of these or another pertinent aptitude test and would like us to consider your results when we evaluate your application feel free to include the official results in your application package.
Have your GRE scores sent directly to AUM by using our school code of B757.
Merit scholarships from AUM
The American University of Malta is offering several merit based scholarships to MBA applicants. To be considered for a merit scholarship from the American University of Malta, submit an essay, describing your achievements and what you feel sets you apart as an MBA candidate (maximum 250 words). This essay should be submitted with your MBA application and other supporting documents.
Note: A student must complete all degree requirements within 5 years from the time of initial enrollment into the program